- 2 lbs rhubarb, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of butter (1 stick or 4 ounces), cut into cubes
- Preheat oven to 375Â°F. In a medium sized bowl, mix together the rhubarb, white sugar, 1/4 cup of flour, the vanilla extract, and the ground cardamom. Spoon into a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- In a food processor, pulse together 1 cup of flour, the salt, and the brown sugar. Add the butter and pulse until the pieces of butter are pea-sized. (Alternatively, mix the dry ingredients together and cut the butter in with two knives or a pastry cutter.) Spread topping mixture over rhubarb mixture.
- Place in oven and cook for 35-45 minutes, until the filling is bubbly and the topping is lightly browned. Let cool for at least a half an hour before serving.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Recipe from Simply Recipes